Sunday, June 9, 2013

My New Famicom (Family Computer)

My new game system, the Nintendo Famicom!

Awesome controllers! Notice that #II has a microphone and a speaker.

NES-FC controller comparison. (For those not in the know, the NES is the American version of the Japanese Famicom.)

For now it just sits on the NES.

FC-NES cartridge comparison. Notice the ridiculous size difference. "I hate it when I buy a plastic container of air and a NES game is inside."

So I just bought a Nintendo Famicom from Japan with my birthday money. About time it came, it took like 20 days to get here after it shipped. Unfortunately, I can't play it, as the 3 games I have for it don't seem to be working. I know that the games, not the system, are broken because a) The FC was listed as 'tested & working' when I bought it, b) the games were not, and c) the way it glitches out differs between games. One actually works, it's just that it has messed-up visuals and the game's sound turns off once the game starts. One game shows a recognizable title screen and is messed-up weirdness beyond that. The last game is just fuzzy. I'll have to pick up some namcot games (probably Dig Dug or Mappy, as those are personal favorites and are FC-only games [meaning they never got imported to the US]). Read more here. (I linked to the Japanese page because if you look up 'Famicom' on English Wikipedia, it redirects to the NES' page; like I said before, the Family Computer and Nintendo Entertainment System are basically the same system for different regions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I want to know what you think!
コメントを残してください!私は、あなたがどう思うか知りたい。